Thursday, May 25, 2006
Home Soup for Sundays
1 onion (diced)
2 tsp olive oil
4 cloves of garlic (chops)
3 cups of vegetable broth
1 green pepper (diced)
1 small zucchini (chopped)
2 chopped carrot
1 chopped green onion
½ cup black beans
½ cup of frozen corn (optional)
1 tspn coriander
1 tspn cumin
½ tspn ground black peppercorns
1 cup steam cooked rice
chopped cilantro to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a medium soup pot.
2. Soften and flavour olive oil by cooking the garlic and oil on med-low heat for for 2 min.
3. Raise heat to medium and add the carrot. Cook for 4 min.
4. Increase heat to med-high and add green pepper. Cook for another 3 min.
5. Add vegetable broth and with the exception of the cilantro, add the remaining ingredients. Reduce heat and cook uncovered over medium-low for 20 minutes. Continue to stir occassionally.
6. Look under your couch and check out how much crap is under there.
7. Reduce heat to below simmer.
8. Remove from heat and stir in chopped cilantro.
9. Steamed rice can now be stirred in (optional).
Monday, May 22, 2006
1 can of chickpeas
1/2 can of water (more or less)
2 Tbsp tahini
4 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp olive oil
garlic (to taste)
sprinkle of cumin (to liking)
combine ingredients in blender, adding water slowly, until desired consistency is achieved.